Mott MacDonald is a leading, employee-owned global management, engineering and development consultancy with £1 billion revenue and more than 14,000 staff working in 140 countries for both the public and private sectors. Mott MacDonald’s core business sectors cover buildings, transport, energy, water, environment, health, education, industry, oil and gas, communications and international development. The company has won many commercial and industry awards, including being named ‘International Consultancy of the year’ (NCE/ACE) and placed 13th in the UK’s Sunday Times ‘25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ survey in 2011.
Mott MacDonald have recently been appointed as Project Managers on the Abu Dhabi Plaza project, to be constructed in Astana, Kazakhstan. With over 4 million sq ft of construction, it is Mott MacDonald's largest private sector property win to date. The scheme consists of 4 levels of basement car-parking, a retail podium, and 3 separate towers, (the tallest of which being 75 storey's) housing a hotel, serviced apartments, commercial office space and over 400 residential apartments. The project is scheduled for completion in June 2015.This project, due to its size & complexity will demonstrate to future Clients our ability to deliver iconic property projects along with the large scale infrastructure / engineering projects that Mott MacDonald are perhaps better known for.
Our Europe, Russia and Africa unit is looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor/Cost Engineer for Astana with a short tour in Abu Dhabi for the first 6 months.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
- Professionally qualified as a quantity surveyor.(Equivalent relevant experience may be considered in lieu of qualifications).
- Significant experience in advising upon the use of contracts and management of such contracts.
- Significant cost and commercial management experience across a wide range of contract/procurement routes and market sectors.
- Significant experience of managing and leading large project teams to successful outcomes.
- IT literate.
- High degree of commercial acumen and knowledge of construction law.
- Flexibility to work in different locations across Asia Pacific.
- Work well in teams and take leadership.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Financial and commercial awareness.
- Customer care with focus on building relationships.
- Time management and prioritise work load.
- Academic or professional achievement in construction legal field.
- Accredited training in the use and application of FIDIC contracts.
- Knowledge of Turkish and/or Russian language
- Delivering contract advisory services, including NEC, across multiple market sectors.
- Delivery of cost and commercial management services alongside the primary contract advisory role.
- Provision of advice on procurement and alternative forms of contract.
- Commercial success of the commission upon which you are engaged.
- Sharing knowledge and developing less senior members of staff in your area of expertise.
- Maintenance and improvement of service delivery best practice.
- Represent our business in business development initiatives through your knowledge and expertise in contract advice and construction contracts.